In this section you will find out information to assist you if you don’t agree with the Local Authority over your child’s Education, Health and Care Assessment/ Plan. It includes information about the Local Authority’s legal duties and information on how you can access mediation.

Mediation and Tribunals

Mediation can be used to resolve disagreements about the education, health and social care elements of an Education, Health and … Read more

SEND complaints: guide for young people aged 16 to 25 in education

This guide, which has been jointly developed by the Department for Education and Mott MacDonald, with help from young people … Read more

Single Route of Redress – National Trial

What is the National Trial? The Government are extending the powers of the First-tier Tribunal (SEND), sometimes referred to as … Read more