About the Local Offer
This page provides some information about what our Local Offer is, who it is for, how it can help along with how we worked with Essex families to co-produce it. You will also find out how to join if you represent an organisation and would like to be listed on our Local Offer.
What is the Local Offer?
The Local Offer is published as part of the SEND reforms under the Children and Families Act 2014 and will be developed over time, with all partners involved in reviewing it.
The Local Offer will:
- Give you information about education, health and care services
- Give you information about leisure activities and support groups
- Hold all the information in one place
- Be clear, comprehensive and accessible
- Make service provision more responsive to local needs and aspirations
- Be developed and reviewed with the service providers and service users
Who is it for?
The Local Offer is for:
- Children and young people with special educational needs and/or disabilities (SEND)
- Children and young people from birth to 25 years
- Their parents and carers
- Practitioners and professionals
How will it help me?
The Local offer will:
- Make it easier to find out what you need to know
- Help you to be less dependent on other people or word of mouth
- Help you find the nearest and most suitable services
- Help you to ask the rights questions
- Help you to provide feedback about what is needed, raise concerns or make a complaint.
If you do not have access to the internet, please visit your local library where they will be able to help you access the internet. Your child’s school may also be able to help you with internet access.
National Deaf Children’s Society (NDCS) have created a short video explaining what the Local Offer is, click here to see more.
How to Join the Local Offer
The Essex Local Offer will continue to grow over time, and if you or your organisation provide a service to children and/or young people aged 0-25 and want to join Essex’s Local Offer (for free), please email Essex.LocalOffer@essex.gov.uk
We appreciate that some Essex residents live close to and access services from neighbouring authorities. To view our neighbours on a map with links to their Local Offer websites please click here.
Did you know?
We worked with families and variety of professionals to coproduce the Essex Local Offer. See here to find out more.
In addition to our Essex Local Offer, each Essex School is required by the Children and Families Act 2014, to hold its own individual offer, known as either the Schools Offer or SEN Information Report which should be located on the schools own website. If you should have any difficulty locating these documents you will need to contact your local school directly as our Essex Local Offer website only holds the website links to the schools information.
Essex Local Offer Leaflet (available to download to share to others)