How to access the Local Offer
There are different ways you can access the Local Offer. You can:
- use this Local Offer website – this tells you what support is available for children and young people with special educational needs or disabilities (SEND), and their families, including education, health and care services.
- use the Google Translate feature at top of the page if English is your second language, or you would prefer for the information to be translated into a different language. You can translate into over 50 different languages.
- use tablet devices (like iPads) and mobile smart phones if you don’t have a computer.
- you can access this Local Offer website for free by visiting your local Essex library. Find your nearest library and opening times.
- speak to a member of a SEND team at Essex County Council, your lead health or social care worker, or SENDIASS who can help guide you through the Local Offer.
- use the BrowseAloud function if you would prefer for the content to be read out aloud. This reads website content out loud, and highlights each word as it is spoken in a human-sounding voice. This video explains how to use BrowseAloud:
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
If you any questions or need any support, send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.