Family Support and Community
This section provides information and advice to help you and your family find appropriate services or support, including information on voluntary and community services in Essex.
Parent support groups work with parents, carers and young people to offer advice, support and guidance on caring for a child or young person with disabilities.
You can find a large range of Local (Essex) and National support groups by clicking on the headings to your right. Support groups are a great way to access information and meet with like-minded people in an informal and friendly setting.
Do you know of more support groups? Let us know!
Essex has a diverse community of parent, carer and young person support groups – if you are aware of any groups which are not listed here, please e-mail: Essex.LocalOffer@essex.gov.uk
- Advocacy - Making Your Voice Heard
- Baby, Toddler and Preschool Groups
- Local Support Groups - Parents and Carers
- Mentoring and befriending
- Personal assistant
- SEND Information, Advice and Support Service
- Short Breaks and Respite
- Staying Safe
- Support and Advice - Essex
- Support and Advice - National
- Support for carers
- Youth Offending