In this section you can find out about how to take care of yourself, including information on mental health, services for particular conditions, hospices and ideas on maintaining a healthy lifestyle.
If you have queries on specific conditions and what support might be required we advise you visit NHS Choices, this is the official website for NHS England and provides comprehensive information and advice which can help you to make the best choices about the health and care support you receive.
There are a number of organisations that provide healthcare in Essex. There are 5 Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) and these are a group of GPs and clinicians who commission (buy) health services for their local communities. Your CCG area is dependent on which GP Practice you are registered to, for example if your practice is in Colchester your specialist services would be arranged by North East Essex CCG.
This section also provides information on privately funded therapies including alternative therapies that are not supported or funded by the NHS.
- Accessible Toilets
- Children's community nursing teams
- Clinical Commissioning Groups
- Community based services
- Drugs, alcohol and substance
- Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health
- Health Visiting
- Healthy lifestyle
- Hospital based services
- Hospitals and community service providers
- Mobility equipment
- Patient Advice and Liaison Services (PALS)
- Physiotherapy/Occupational Therapy
- Privately funded Alternative Therapies
- Privately funded Occupational therapy
- Privately funded Speech and Language therapy
- Sensory Services
- Specialist Equipment and Adaptations
- Speech and Language/Communication
- Support for life limiting conditions