In this section you can find out about how to take care of yourself, including information on mental health, services for particular conditions, hospices and ideas on maintaining a healthy lifestyle. There are links to many different support groups and organisations, which can provide further information and advice. We have provided as much information as possible about where to go, and how to get support if you need it.
If you have queries on specific conditions and what support might be required we advise you visit NHS Choices, this is the official website for NHS England and provides comprehensive information and advice which can help you to make the best choices about the health and care support you receive.
There are a number of organisations that provide healthcare in Essex. There are 5 Clinical Commissioning Groups (CCGs) and these are a group of GPs and clinicians who commission (buy) health services for their local communities. Your CCG area is dependent on which GP Practice you are registered to, for example if your practice is in Colchester your specialist services would be arranged by North East Essex CCG. Below is a list of the CCGs and the towns that make up that area, however due to different boundaries this cannot always be entirely accurate. Please visit your CCG website for further information.
- Children's community nursing teams
- Clinical Commissioning Groups
- Community based services
- Drugs, alcohol and substance
- Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health
- Health Visiting
- Healthy lifestyle
- Hospital based services
- Hospitals and community service providers
- Patient Advice and Liaison Services (PALS)
- Physiotherapy/Occupational Therapy
- Services for specific conditions
- Speech and Language/Communication
- Support and Advice
- Support for life limiting conditions