Money Matters

Caring for a child or young person with a special educational need or disability can involve extra or unexpected costs. On this page you will find advice and guidance about the main types of financial support that are available to help with these costs.

For instance, sources of funding such as Disability Living Allowance, Carer’s allowance and Personal budgets are available to help families with SEND.

Visit the government’s Help if you have a disabled child website for general information.

It’s important to try and enable people to make their own decisions about money before making them on their behalf however; sometimes help is required for those that may lack mental capacity. Find out more about looking after someone’s affairs.