Preparing for Adulthood
Moving from school into adulthood is a big change for everyone, with lots of things to think about. This section provides information, help and advice on some of the important issues you will face such as getting into employment, living independently and being involved in your community.
You will also find other parts of the Local Offer useful when planning your future, for example the sections on Education and Health. You can also find leisure activities and local youth groups within the Entertainment and Leisure category on the Home page.
If you have an Education, Health and Care Plan, Preparing for Adulthood should be discussed at every annual review from at least year 9 and should consider the important issues listed above.
It is important to remember that there are organisations who can offer you help and support when considering these important steps in your life. These organisations are also listed in this section.
- Employability Skills and Support
- Housing - Residential Services
- Housing - Supported Living
- Housing Advice
- Life Skills
- Pathways to Employment - Apprenticeships
- Pathways to Employment - Social Enterprises
- Pathways to Employment - Supported Employment
- Pathways to Employment - Supported Internships
- Pathways to Employment - Traineeships
- Social Clubs
- Vocational Learning
- Volunteering Opportunities
- Young People Support