Coronavirus – Thinking about Transitions
Essex County Council recognises that the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak will have an impact on transitions for all young people, including those with SEND, their families and all educational settings. By transitions, we mean children or young people who are:
- starting school for the first time
- moving from infant to junior or primary school to secondary school
- joining a new class or school
- leaving school, post 16 education and going to work
We know this is an uncertain time, so we are working with organisations across Essex to put together guidance, advice and support on transition, for families and education providers.
This information will be coming to you soon via:
- Essex Local Offer
- Essex Child and Family Wellbeing Service
- Essex Family Forum
- Families in Focus
We will keep you updated on our Essex Local Offer Facebook page.