Early Years Funding – Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP)
Early Years Pupil Premium (EYPP) is extra money to help improve outcomes for children. It is a payment of up to £302 and is paid directly to the childcare setting.
It is available for the setting to apply for on behalf of 3 and 4 year olds accessing their free early education entitlement (FEEE) who meet one or more of the criteria below.
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided they’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on, which is paid for four weeks after they stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Or if your child:
- has been looked after by the local authority in care for at least one day
- has been adopted from care
- has left care through a special guardianship
The payment to the setting will not affect any benefits that a family are claiming.
The setting must involve the parent/carer when deciding the best way to spend the EYPP to support the child’s learning and development.