Good Beginnings Course
Date and time10:00am, 27 Apr 2021 - 11:00am, 6 Jul 2021
Who is this course for?
For parents / carers of Early Years children aged 5 or under, who have autism or social communication needs.
The aim is to help parents / carers to enhance their understanding of their child’s strengths and needs through:
• Current strategy and information sharing.
• Creating a foundation for a parent/carer support network.
• Supporting decision making and developing good practice.
• Supporting understanding regarding processes around education and health.
Guidance and strategies for:
• Understanding autism
• Sensory processing
• Behaviour is communication
• Eating, sleeping and toileting
• Managing Anxiety
Developed in collaboration with:
• Speech and Language Therapist
• Occupational Therapist
• Emotional Wellbeing and Mental Health Service
• Inclusion partners
• Engagement Facilitators
• Senior Specialist Educational Psychologists (Autism spectrum)
This is a 10-week course which runs every term, via weekly pre-recorded webinars for parent / carers to watch at home.
Each webinar is followed by live question and answer sessions on Tuesdays from 10am to 11am, and accessed via Microsoft Teams.
‘Due to high demand, bookings have now closed for Good Beginnings. Parents/carers who have already expressed an interest in attending, via the previously advertised online link, will receive an email in April to confirm whether they have a place on a Summer Term course or whether their details have been added to our waiting list. In due course, we will share details of how other parents/carers interested in attending Good Beginnings can also be added to our waiting list.’