Barnardo’s – See, Hear, Respond Service
See, Hear, Respond is a service provided across England by the charity, Barnardo’s (in partnership with the Department of Education). This will be running from June to the end of October.
It aims to help the most vulnerable children and young people who are hidden from view; who are not currently receiving support and those who are at risk and/or experiencing health and wellbeing difficulties.
This will include:
- under 5s with a specific focus on under 2s
- those with SEND and where there are concerns about their welfare e.g. online safety
- children who may be at increased risk of abuse, neglect and exploitation inside or outside of the home
- Black, Asian, Minority Ethnic and Refugee (BAMER) children experiencing barriers to accessing services
- young carers
Types of support
The support offered can be in the form of:
- online digital support, including advice and information, online counselling and a telephone helpline
- face to face interventions, such as support for groups at risk outside the home and one to one support
- helping children back into education
How to access
If you are a child/young person, call 0800 157 7015 or use the self-referral form.
If you are a parent/carer, call 0800 157 7015 or use the parent/carer referral form.
See, Hear, Respond support hub
There is also an online support hub with resources to help support families during this time. Visit the support hub page.
Hours of operation
Monday to Friday, 9am to 9pm
Saturday and Sunday, 10am to 6pm
How the service is accessed
Child/young person referral
Phone number0800 157 7015