You could get Carer’s Credit if you’re caring for someone for at least 20 hours a week.
To get Carer’s Credit you must be:
- aged 16 or over
- under State Pension age
- looking after one or more people for at least 20 hours a week
The person you’re looking after must get one of the following:
- Disability Living Allowance care component at the middle or highest rate
- Attendance Allowance
- Constant Attendance Allowance
- Personal Independence Payment – daily living component, at the standard or enhanced rate
- Armed Forces Independence Payment
See GOV.UK for more information on Carer’s Credit.