Colchester Zoo has over 200 species, including big cats, birds, insects, mammals and reptiles.
Any guest with a disability must buy the relevant adult, child or senior ticket. You can buy tickets online or when you arrive.
If you need assistance during your visit, Colchester Zoo will admit an assistant for free if verification of disability is shown.
- Displays are accessible for wheelchair users.
- Manual wheelchair and mobility scooter hire is available – read more on buggy and mobility hire.
- Colchester Zoo recommend that anyone with a pushchair, wheelchair, electric scooter, or reduced mobility follow the ‘Easier Route’ because of the steep hills in the zoo.
Toilets and changing places
- All toilets around Colchester Zoo have disabled toilets.
- A registered Changing Places changing facility is available for anyone with additional needs at the toilets near the meerkats.
Visual and sensory resources
- Colchester Zoo have an online, downloadable visual story to support people with autism and other needs. Download the visual story.
- They also have two downloadable sensory trails to help you explore the zoo. Download the long sensory trail or the short sensory trail.
Visits with Assistance Dogs
- Colchester Zoo allow dogs that are fully trained and certified Registered Assistance Dogs. See the Accessibility dog map and more information on Assistance Dogs.
Audio around the zoo
- There is audio information around the park for anyone with a visual impairment.
- The entrance and guest services are fitted with an induction loop hearing system.
- Staff have a pad and pen with them to be able to assist with communicating with deaf people and the very hard of hearing.
- Parking areas for Blue Badge holders are available at the zoo’s car parks close to the entrance.
Phone number01206 331292