Community Dental Services Essex
Community Dental Services CIC offers high quality specialist NHS dental care and treatment for patients that are residents of Essex, that meet the following criteria:
• Special educational needs and disabilities (SEND)
• Severe mental health needs
• Complex social needs (including the homeless and drug/alcohol dependent)
• Looked After Children who cannot receive ongoing care from general dental practice
• Children requiring treatment who cannot be treated in general dental practice owing to behavioural difficulties and/or severe anxiety management
• Adults with a treatment resistant dental phobia that has not been successfully treated
CIC also provide home visits (domiciliary care) for patients with long term and / or progressive medical conditions; mental illness or dementia, causing disorientation and confusion in unfamiliar environments.
General Dental Practitioners and Health and Social Care professionals can refer into the service. Self-referrals are also welcome for some services. To see the full criteria for those who can access the service, please visit the website or contact your nearest clinic:
Brentwood Community Hospital, Crescent Drive, Shenfield, CM15 8DR
Telephone: 01277 695119
Clacton Hospital, Tower Road, Clacton-on-Sea, CO15 1LH
Telephone: 01255 201657
Colchester Primary Care Centre, Turner Road, Colchester, CO4 5JR
Telephone: 01206 286568
Community Dental Clinic, Addison House, Hamstel Road, Harlow, CM20 1EP
Telephone: 01279 698648
Witham Health Centre, 4 Mayland Road, Witham, CM8 2UX
Telephone: 01376 531013
Hours of operation
Please see individual clinic for opening times.
How the service is accessed
Referrals are welcome from individuals, family, members, carers or health care professionals and once accepted into Community Dental Services, you will be added to the current waiting list.
Patients needing urgent care will be given preference.
Phone number0333 207 5992