Essex Infant, Junior, Primary and Secondary Schools
The SEND Code of Practice 2014 sets out that all schools must publish detailed information about their arrangements for identifying, assessing and making provision for pupils with SEN (see Chapter 6, Schools).
This information is often called ‘SEND Policy,’ ‘SEND Information Policy’ or ‘SEND Information Report’ and can be found on the website of each school. It is the responsibility of each school to publish this information.
You can use the Essex Schools Search to find schools near to you. Below you can find guidance for finding their SEND policy:
- Find out which district you live in using the UK postcode search.
- Enter the district into the Essex Schools Search to bring up a list of schools in your area.
- Select the school you would like to find more information on.
- Copy and paste the website address for the school into a new tab.
- Find or search for ‘SEND policy’ (this is often under the policy or report section of a school website)
Infant, junior, primary and secondary
Infant schools provide primary education for children between the ages of 4 and 7.
Junior schools provide primary education for children between the ages of 7 and 11.
Primary schools provide primary education for children between the ages of 4 and 11.
Secondary schools provide secondary education for children between the ages of 11 and 16.