Place2Be – Mental Health Support in School
Place2Be provides counselling to children and young people in primary and secondary schools. They support pupils with a range of challenges, including anxiety, struggling to focus, low self-esteem, mood swings and trouble with their family.
- Place2Talk – pupils book appointments with a Place2Be counsellor to talk about problems and worries
- one-to-one counselling – weekly counselling using talking, creative activities and play
- group work – therapeutic groups exploring issues like friendship, self-esteem, transition and bullying
- parent counselling – weekly therapeutic support from Parent Counsellors
- guidance, training and safeguarding advice for staff – on issues such as managing and understanding behaviour, Special Educational Needs and Disabilities (SEND) and Additional Support Needs (ASN), safeguarding and coping with staff stress.
Who the service provides for
5 to 18 years old, parents and carers, and school staff.
How the service is accessed
Referral from school staff.
Phone number0785 026 5682