SEND Information, Advice and Support Service (SENDIASS)
The Essex SENDIASS is a confidential and impartial information, advice and support service on issues related to special educational needs and disability (SEND). It is free and easy to access.
Who they support
They offer information, advice and support to:
- children and young people (up to 25 years) with SEND
- parents and carers of children with SEND
- practitioners who might support children, young people or parents to access the service
How they help
- listening to your concerns and explaining what options are available
- explaining how education settings can support children and young people with special educational needs/a disability
- giving you information about what the law is and what your choices are, to help you make your own decisions
- supporting you where required at meetings and helping you to get your views across
- finding voluntary groups and other agencies that can also support you, with the help of the Essex Local Offer
- guiding you through the Education, Health and Care Needs assessment process
- supporting you in discussions with education settings and the local authority where a child or young person is at risk of exclusion or has been excluded
- advise you on processes for resolving disagreements, SEND Tribunal processes and means of redress
- consulting parents, children and young people and ensuring your views influence the development of local policy and practice for children and young people with special educational needs and disability
Contacting Essex SENDIASS
The contact details for SENDIASS are below.
Watch this three minute video to find out more about how SENDIASS can help.
See also the SENDIASS leaflet for further information.
Hours of operation
Monday to Thursday, 9am to 5pm
Fridays, 9am to 4.30pm
How the service is accessed
Phone numberPhone: 0333 013 8913/Text: 07860 003010