Travel training is to help people with SEND to feel more confident when travelling on their own.
The Travel Training team cover journeys in Essex, Southend, Suffolk, Ealing and beyond.
Being able to access public transport helps people to make their own choices about how they live and what they want to achieve. Travel training can help overcome barriers to:
- social inclusion
- independent journeys to school/college
The training covers:
- confidence in using buses or trains
- personal safety
- how to use timetables and buy tickets
- road safety, including how to cope with traffic on major roads
- what to do when things go wrong (e.g. the bus is late)
Travel Training is free for students and adults who live in Essex or Suffolk and receive the following from Essex County Council or Suffolk County Council:
- free home to school transport
- post-16 transport
- social care transport
To find out more about the work of the Travel Training team and to access further information please visit the website.
Hours of operation
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
How the service is accessed
Professional referral (e.g. social worker)
Phone number0345 603 2200