Youth Offending Service (YOT)
The Essex Youth Offending Service works with children and young people who have offended, to help prevent them getting into further trouble.
They work with parents, carers, victims and the community to help young people understand the consequences of their actions.
They also offer Early Intervention Programmes to children aged 8 to 13 who might be at risk of offending.
Each Youth Offending Team includes a police officer, social workers, probation officers and health and education staff.
They work to:
- prevent offending
- reduce the risk of further offending
- support victims
- support young people on bail
- prepare reports for the court
- supervise young people on court orders
- help with young people remanded to local authority care
- help young people during and after custodial sentences
- help parents, including with Parenting Orders
There is a YOT team based in each of the four areas (quadrants) of Essex:
Mid Essex (Braintree, Chelmsford and Maldon): firstname.lastname@example.org
North Essex (Colchester and Tendring): email@example.com
South Essex (Basildon, Brentwood, Castle Point and Rochford): firstname.lastname@example.org
West Essex (Epping, Harlow and Uttlesford): email@example.com
The contact details below are for general enquiries.
Phone number03330 138926