Meaningful Lives Matter – for people with a learning disability and/or autism
January 15, 2020
Meaningful Lives Matter has been set up by Adult Social Care teams at Essex County Council to improve the lives of people with a learning disability and/or autism in Essex.
Who is part of the project
- you – adults and children with autism and/or learning disability can shape decisions about what is important
- commissioning – the people who give the ‘okay’ to start up a project, programme or service
- procurement – the people who purchase what is needed to make it successful
- social work teams
- family services
- care providers
- health leads
- education leads
How it can help
The project aims to change services to make the lives of people with autism or a learning disability more meaningful by:
- identifying gaps in the support that people receive
- fixing problems in the support that people receive
- challenge negative perceptions around learning disabilities and autism
- training staff
This video from the Meaningful Lives Essex Facebook page explains the programme in more detail.
How to stay updated
The Meaningful Lives Essex Facebook page is the best place to stay updated and find useful tips and information.