PGT – Learning Difficulties and Disabilities
These resources relate to interventions recommended in the Provision Guidance Toolkit (PGT) for pupils with Learning Difficulties and Disabilities”.
These resources draw upon on evidence-based research and interventions and have been generated through our work with practitioners in Essex schools and the parents/carers of children supported by these practitioners. They are regularly reviewed and comments/suggestions are welcome: SpecialistTeaching.PreschoolServiceFeedbackSE@essex.gov.uk.
High Quality Teaching (HQT) – the foundation of all teaching, assessment and intervention for all pupils with Learning Difficulties and Disabilities”
- Supporting writing independence – a recorded webinar (10:30) illustrating the Tell, Scribe, Agree, Re-read, Repeat (TSARR) writing approach (with an accompanying Quick Guide)
- How to use an alphabet arc – a recorded webinar (12:13 mins) illustrating a multi sensory approach to phonic skills (with an accompanying Quick Guide)
- Supporting students to read sight words through games – a short video (6 mins)
Additional School Intervention and Support (ASI) – building on quality first teaching where a pupil may need more input and advice may be sought from professionals to support individual assessment interventions
- Using a name board to support pupils to learn the order of letters of their name – an example of teaching one skill at a time
- Using coloured spots to show start and finish in writing and reading tasks – an example of developing independent working skills
High Needs (HN) – for pupils with more complex or enduring needs, whose effective access to the curriculum and learning require coordinated and highly personalised advice and support ”
Coming soon …