Universities in Essex
Universities in the UK offer the opportunity to study for a higher education degree. Usually, you can study for undergraduate degrees and postgraduate degrees.
There are two universities in Essex:
Applying for a course at university
Search and apply for degree courses through UCAS.
Funding for disabled students
If you have a health condition, learning difficulty or disability, you may be able to apply for Disabled Students Allowances (DSAs). This funding covers the cost of the support you need such as specialist equipment. You won’t automatically get a DSA – you’ll need to prove you’re eligible. Read more on DSAs.
Advice on applying
- Disability Rights UK have a guide for anyone thinking about applying to higher education.
- The National Association of Disability Practitioners (NADP) blog explains who to contact at your university or college, and how a disability adviser can support you through your journey to university.
- The University Mental Health Advisers Network (UMHAN) has some useful information, and an overview of how a mental health adviser can help for anyone who would like more details about mental health and wellbeing support.
- UCAS have tips on what to consider when applying for disabled students.
- Study in the UK have information on studying as a disabled student.