Brighter Opportunities for Special People (BOSP)
Brighter Opportunities for Special People (BOSP) offer short break care for the children and young people with learning and physical disabilities.
BOSP sessions provide fun and exciting activities with social opportunities, whilst providing families with vital respite.
Their aim is to enable disabled children and young people aged 0 to 25 years, to access the same activities as children without disabilities. This helps develop independence, self-esteem and social skills, whilst improving parents’ well-being by providing much needed breaks.
- BOSP Tots (age 0 to 4 years) Baby & Toddler Group
- Saturday and Holiday Clubs (age 4 to 25 years) Various respite activity clubs, either hall based or out and about in the community.
- Big BOSP (age 15 to 25 years) Youth Club supporting transition.
- Chill Zone (age 18 +) Activity club that takes place in the community.
- Skills 4 Life (age 18 to 25 years) Day care and community/voluntary activities for those not at college full-time.
- Counselling for parent carers, siblings and children/young people with additional needs.
- Yoga for parent carers
- Walk with Us – A gentle walking group with peer support, for parent carers
Booking is required. Full details are on the BOSP website.
Please contact the BOSP office for session costs, as these vary depending on session type and time.
Who the service provides for
Children and young people aged 0 to 25 years, with learning and physical disabilities.
Hours of operation
Office hours are Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm.
How the service is accessed
Apply by telephone or via the website.
Phone number01268 553117